Through the generosity of alumni, parents, faculty & staff and students, UNCP is preparing today’s Braves to make their mark on the world.
More than ever, contributions from alumni, friends and the parents of current students are essential to the quality of our academic programs, and they ensure that students are afforded the best experience at The University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
The UNCP Annual Fund Campaign reaches out to alumni, friends and parents of current students for help. Money raised by the campaign helps to pay for scholarships, student travel to conferences, guest speakers and lecturers, classroom materials, and other projects on campus that affect the educational experience of students.
Where Do Gifts From The Annual Fund Help?
- Student Programming and Operations – Travel for conferences, and support for special learning opportunities on and off campus, as well as community service and leadership projects.
- Program Initiatives – Provides funding for new and established programs not covered by state-allocated funds, and helps meet the needs of ever-changing student population.
- Program Development – As UNCP grows and matures, the University knows what it needs to do, but sometimes lacks the funding to do it. Whether the need is student retention, donor recognition, or a way to enhance a student course with travel and/or a guest speaker, alumni gifts can help accomplish these goals.
- Student Scholarships and Off-Campus Learning Opportunities – Without alumni help, some students would not be able to take advantage of internship opportunities, and may have to take out additional loans to pay for their education.
- Faculty and Staff Development – Faculty and staff need to be the best professionals in their area. Alumni gifts can help subsidize faculty and staff professional development to make sure our students are taught the most up-to-date skills.
Tuesday, September 3, 2013