Skip to Quicklinks
Skip to Quicklinks
Contact Information

Business Services
PO Box 1510
Pembroke, NC 28372

Phone: 910.521.6203

Location: Auxiliary Services Building
Campus Map



What is Surplus Property?

Surplus Property/Asset relocation encompasses all university property no longer in use by a university department. University departments should transfer all surplus property and equipment to Surplus Property as soon as determining that the property is no longer needed. Departments may not transfer or sell any state property, except to other university departments. Surplus property may not be discarded, given away, or converted to personal use. Property designated as surplus is available to university departments on a first-come first-served basis.

How Do Departments Designate Property as Surplus Property?

Departments must prepare a Transfer of Movable Equipment form (PDF fillable form) to send property and equipment to Surplus Property, regardless of whether the item is equipment or not, or has a fixed asset tag.  Multiple items may be listed on one Movable Equipment form when a group of like items without fixed asset decals is being declared surplus property. For example, if surplusing 40 student desks, use one form for "40 student desks." Upon receipt of the form, Fixed Assets will contact the warehouse for property pick up.

Availability of University Surplus Property

NC Surplus Property authorizes institutions to operate on-site surplus stores to sell to the public items priced at $150 or less. The UNCP Surplus Property retail store is open to the public the second Tuesday of each month from 9-11 a.m. for cash sales only. No checks or credit cards are accepted. Items are sold as-is, where-is, with no warranties. The university cannot deliver items sold, and all goods purchased must be taken away from the Warehouse by 3:30 p.m. on the day of the sale. Loading help will be minimal.

For inquiries about the Surplus Property store sales, contact:

James Hampton
Phone: 910.521.6234

Surplus Property Sales to the Public through Bids

Surplus property valued at greater than $100 that is not needed by university departments is listed with the State Surplus Property Agency in Raleigh, which advertises it for public bid. Interested parties may view bid sheets, states classifieds, vehicles lists, and place bids online at

Updated: Friday, January 10, 2014

Related Links
  • Coming soon!

© The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
PO Box 1510 Pembroke, NC 28372-1510 • 910.521.6000