Information for Tutors
How to Become a Tutor
Tutors must have:
1) earned a Bachelor's degree in the subject(s) they are interested in tutoring.
2) maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher and have earned a grade of B (3.0) or higher in each course they are interested in tutoring.
They must also:
- have a firm command of course material.
- possess higher-order thinking skills.
- possess proactive learning strategies.
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- be reliable self-motivated workers.
- believe that all people are natural born learners.
- Be ENTHUSIASTIC about learning!
How to Apply
Applications are available online through the UNCP Career Center's Brave Opportunities site. (Look for Job ID 6482 - Academic Tutor)
In addition to the Brave Opportunities application:
*At least one faculty recommendation is required.
*Resumes are welcome.
Submit all supplemental application materials to the Tutoring Program Coordinator by email (email@example.com), fax (910-775-4286), or drop off in person at the Center for Academic Excellence in the D.F. Lowry Building, Room 320.
Updated: Friday, February 21, 2014
© The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
PO Box 1510 Pembroke, NC 28372-1510 • 910.521.6000