How to connect your email to you Android Device – Office 365
You can connect to your Office 365 or other Exchange-based email on an Android phone or tablet. When you set up an Exchange account on your Android, you’ll be able to access and synchronize your email, calendar, and contacts.
Set up Microsoft Exchange email on an Android
- From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Type your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then select Next.
- Select Exchange Account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync, or Corporate Email on some versions of Android.
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
- Domain\Username: On some versions of Android, you must use the domain\username format. For example, if your email address is email@example.com, type uncp.local\firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your username is your full email address and the domain is uncp.local.
- Password Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server Use the address of your Exchange server. You can login to your BraveMail and in the address bar it will give you the server. Ex. pod51034.outlook.com
- As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options screen displays. The options available depend on the version of Android on your device. The options may include the following:
- Email checking frequency The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, email messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selection this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
- Notify me when email arrives If you selection this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
- Sync contacts from this account If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others. Select Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
- Note – You may need to wait ten-to-fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive email.
This guide is also available as a PDF here.
Thursday, August 8, 2013