How to find a MAC address
MAC address on an PlayStation®3
- Install the network adaptor according to the instructions found in the installation guide or on the PlayStation3 Network Adaptor Web site
- Turn on the PlayStation 3 and load the Network Adaptor Startup Disc
- Press X to enter the ISP Setup. The ISP Setup will start to load
- Press X to continue. Your PlayStation will search for the network adaptor
- After the network adaptor has been found, press X to continue
- Press X again to continue. Wait while the data is accessed
- Select NEW and then press X to continue
- Type a name for you ISP setting.
- When asked is you currently subscribe to an ISP service, select YES and press X to continue
- For connection type, choose HIGH SPEED CONNECTION (CABLE OR DSL) and press X to continue
- Select AUTOMATIC SETTINGS and press X to continue
- When asked if you ISP requires a User ID and Password, select NO and press X to continue
- When asked if your Internet Service Provider requires you to input a DHCP Host Name, select NO
- Unplug your ethernet cord from the PS3, and press X to continue and wait while the network connection is tested
- Do not press X or Triangle. Press Select to see the error message. The network connection test failed window appears.
- The Network Adapter/MAC address will be displayed (see picture). Write down the address. It contains 12 numbers and letters (i.e., 00 0F 1F 05 20 02)
For further informatio, visit the Official Web Site at Playstation.com.
Back to top
Thursday, July 1, 2010