Accommodations Process at UNCP disability support services
- Students meet with Disability Support Services to receive an accommodation letter for faculty, outlining the accommodations they are approved for.
- Students pick up copies of the Instructor-Student Contract and Tape Recording Agreements or Note Taker Slips when applicable.
- Students fill in required information and signatures, when applicable (first two lines of Instructor-Student Contract, student and witness signatures on Tape Recording Agreement or initials and class on Note Taker Slip).
- Students contact and arrange a meeting with the professor.
- Students and professors discuss implementation of classroom accommodations.
- Professors or students call DSS Director for consultation if issues arise about implementing the accommodations in that particular class.
- Professors fill out the instructor-student contracts detailing how accommodations will be implemented in that particular class.
- Professors and students sign the instructor-student contract and retain copies.
- Students return signed instructor-student contracts to DSS.
- In subsequent semesters, students stop by Disability Support Services to pick up forms, and follow steps 2-9.
If students or professors have any concerns about accommodations, DSS should be contacted at 910-521-6695 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Monday, August 5, 2013
Return to For Current Students