Dr. Tony Curtis
In my opinion . . .
A good teacher . . .
- Creates an environment in which learning is easy and encouraged.
- Is engaging and keeps the material interesting.
- Begins with a planned curriculum and then adds to it.
- Is approachable and compassionate.
- Is a facilitator rather than the authoritarian.
- Expects a lot and measures student success in terms of progress.
- Treats each student differently and sees no one as a lost cause.
- Isn’t always fun and sometimes is tough.
- Is willing to continue to learn and hone skills.
- Is passionate about life and can talk knowledgeably and engagingly about most anything.
- Has respect for you and shows pride in you out loud.
- Teaches to make a difference.
Anthony R. Curtis, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Mass Communication
Director, UNCP in Second Life Campus
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Office: 247 Old Main, Pembroke, NC 28372
Office phone: (910) 521-6616
Dept office: (910) 522-5723
Fax: (910) 522-5795