My Student Evaluations
UNCP Student Evaluation of Factuly Form, Fall 1999-Fall 2010
UNCP Student Evaluation for Faculty Form, Spring 2011-
(A Few) Articles on the Use of Student Evaluations
- Abrami, P. C. 1989. How should we use student ratings to evaluate teaching? Research in Higher Education 30(2): 221-27.
- Becker, W. E., and M. Watts. 1999. How departments of economics evaluate teaching. American Economic Review 89 (2): 344-49.
- Bloom, B. S. Ed., Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: Handbook I: Cognitive Domain. New York: David McKay Company, 1956.
- Boxe, L. F. Jameson. 2000. Attributes of Effective Economics Instructors: An Analysis of Student Evaluations, Journal of Economic Education, 31(3), Summer, pp.211-227.
- Bosshardt, W. and M. Watts. 2001. Comparing Student and Instructor Evaluations of Teaching. Journal of Economic Education, Winter, pp. 3-17.
- Butcher, Kristin F., Patrick J. McEwan, and Akila Weerapana. 2014. The Effects of an Anti-Grad-Inflation Policy at Wellesley College. Journal of Economic Perspectives 28 (3): 189-204.
- Danielsen, A. L. and R. A. White. 1976. Some Evidence on the Variables Associated with Student Evaluations of Teachers. The Journal of Economic Education, Spring, pp.117-119
- d’Appollonia, S. and P. C. Abrami. 1997. Navigating student ratings of instruction. American Psychologist 52(11): 1198-208.
- DeCanio, S. J. 1986. Student Evaluations of Teaching—A Multinomial Logit Approach. Journal of Economic Education, Summer, pp.165-176
- Everett, M. D. 1977. Student Evaluations of Teaching and the Cognitive Level of Economics Courses. Journal of Economic Education, Spring, pp.100-103.
- Felton, J., P. T. Koper, J. Mitchel, M. Stinson. 2008. Attractiveness, easiness, and other issues: Student evaluations of professor on Ratemyprofessor.com. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, February, 33(1), 45-61
- Gramlich, E. M., and G. A. Greenlee. 1993. Measuring Teaching Performance. The Journal of Economic Education, Winter, pp.3-13
- Greenwald, A. G. 1997. Validity concerns and usefulness of student ratings of instruction. American Psychologist 52(11): 1182-86.
- Greenwald, A. G., and G. H. Gillmore. 1997a. Grading leniency is a removable contaminant of student ratings. American Psychologist 52(11): 1209-17.
- ______________. 1997b. No pain, no gain? The importance of measuring course workload in student ratings of instruction. Journal of Educational Psychology 89(4): 743-51.
- Hansen, W. L. and A. C. Kelley. 1973. Political Economy of Course Evaluations. Journal of Economic Education, 4 (Fall), 10-21.
- Isely, P. and H. Singh. 2005. Do Higher Grades Lead to Favorable Student Evaluations? Journal of Economic Education, Winter, pp.29-42
- Lumsden, K. G. 1973. Summary of an Analysis of Student Evaluations of Faculty and Courses. The Journal of Economic Education, Fall, pp. 54-56
- _______________. 1974. The Information Content of Student Evaluation of Faculty and Courses," in Efficiency in Universities: The La Paz Papers, Lumsden, Ed. New York: Elsevier.
- Marsh, H. W. 1984. Students' evaluations of university teaching: Dimensionality, reliability, validity, potential biases, and utility. Journal of Educational Psychology 76: 707-54.
- ______________. 1987. Students' evaluations of university teaching: Research findings, methodological issues, and directions for future research. International Journal of Educational Research 11 (3): 253-388.
- Marsh, H. W., and L. A. Roche. 1997. Making students' evaluations of teaching effectiveness effective: The critical issues of validity, bias, and utility. American Psychologist 52 (11): 1187-97.
- Remmers, H. H. 1927. The Purdue Rating Scale for Instructors. Educational Administration and Supervision 6:399—406.
- ___________ 1928. The relationship between students' marks and students' attitudes toward instructors. School and Society 28:759-60.
- ___________1930. To what extent grades influence ratings of instructors? Journal of Educational Psychology, 21:314-316
- Remmers, H. H., F. D. Martin, and D. N. Elliot. 1949. Are student ratings of their instructors related to their grades? Purdue University Studies in Higher Education 44:17-26.
- Rodin, Miriam and Burton Rodin. 1973. Student Evaluations of Teachers. The Journal of Economic Education, 5(1), Autumn, pp.5-9
- Sabot, R., and I. Wakeman-Linn. 1991. Grade inflation and course choice. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 5 (I):59-10.