Affinnih, Y. H.(1999). A review of literature on drug use in sub-Saharan
Africa countries and its economic and social implications. Substance
Use and Misuse, 34 (3): 443-449.
Anctil, T. M. & Degeneffe, C. E. (2003),. Self-Management and Social
Skills Training for Persons with Developmental Disabilities: Tools for
the Rehabilitation Counselor to Facilitate Success in Community Settings:
A Literature Review. Journal of Applied Rehabilitation Counseling,
34, (1), 17-24.
Anderson, J. L. (1989). The nurse's role in cancer rehabilitation: Review
of the literature. Cancer Nursing, 12(2), 85-94.
Bachman, S.S., Drainoni, M. & Tobias, C. Medicaid Managed Care, Substance
Abuse Treatment, and People with Disabilities: Review of the Literature
Health and Social Work, 29 (3) 189-196.
Beart, S.; Hardy, G.; Buchan, L. (2005). How People with Intellectual Disabilities
View Their Social Identity: A Review of the Literature Journal
of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 18 (1) 47-56.
Berger, R. J. (1989). Female delinquency in the emancipation era: A review
of the literature. Sex Roles, 21(5/6), 375-400.
Bevill, Alicia R. & Gast, D. L. (1998). Social safety for young children:
A review of the literature on safety skills instruction. Topics in early
childhood special education, 18 (4): 222
Blai, B. (1989). Health consequences of loneliness: A review of the literature.
of American College Health, 37(4), 162-167.
Bergstrom, RL & Neighbors, C. (2006). Body Image Disturbance and The Social
Norms Approach: An Integrative Review of The Literature. Journal of Social
and Clinical Psychology, 25(9), 975-1000.
Bogo, M. (2005). Field Instruction in Social Work: A Review of the Research
Literature. Clinical Supervisor, 24(1/2), 163-193.
Bogo, M. & McKnight, K. (2005). Clinical Supervision in Social Work: A Review of
the Research Literature. Clinical Supervisor, 24(1/2), 49-68.
- Bristow, D. P & Herrick, C. A. (2002). Emergency Department Case Management:
The Dyad Team of Nurse Case Manager and Social Worker Improve Discharge
Planning and Patient and Staff Satisfaction While Decreasing Inappropriate
Admissions and Costs: A Literature. Review Lippincotts Case Management,
7 (6), 243-254.
- Brown, R. L. (2000). Will Pre-Funding Provide Security for Social Security?
A Review of the Literature. Journal of Insurance Issues, 23 (1) 48-
- Broyles, R. W. & Rosko, M. D. (1988). The demand for health insurance
and health care: A review of the empirical literature. Medical Care
Review, 45(2), 255-290.
- Chaskin, R. J. (1997). Perspectives on neighborhood and community: A review
of the literature. Social Service Review, 71 (4), 521-
- Castle, N. G. & Mor, V. (1996). Hospitalization of nursing home residents:
A review of the literature, 1980-1995. Medical Care Research and Review,
53 (2), 123-148.
- Cate R.M.; Levin L.A.; Richmond L.S. (2002). Premarital relationship stability:
A review of recent research Journal of Social and Personal Relationships,
19 (2) 261-284.
- Coe, R. (1998). Can feedback improve teaching? A review of the social science
literature with a view to identifying conditions under which giving feedback
to teachers will result improved performance. Research Papers in Education,
13 (1): 43-
- Corcoran, J. (2000) Ecological factors associated with adolescent sexual
activity. Social Work in Health Care, 30 (4) 93-
- Covell C.N.; Scalora M.J., (2002). Empathic deficits in sexual offenders
- An integration of affective, social, and cognitive constructs. Aggression
and Violent Behavior, 7 (3) 251-270.
- Craig, K. M. (2002). Examining hate-motivated aggression: a review of the
social psychological literature on hate crimes as a distinct form of aggression.
and Violent Behavior, 7 (1), 85-101.
- Cravener, P. A. (1999). Faculty experiences with providing online courses:
Thorns among the roses. Computers in Nursing, 17 (2), 42-52.
- Crisp B. R.; Lister P.G., (2002). Assessment methods in social work education:
A review of the literature. Social Work Education, 21 (2) 259-269.
- Cvinar, J. G. (2005). Do Suicide Survivors Suffer Social Stigma: A Review
of the Literature. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care, 41
- DeBord, J. B. (1989). Paradoxical interventions: A review of the recent
literature. Journal of Counseling and Development, 67(7), 394-396.
- Dowswell T.; Towner E., (2002). Social deprivation and the prevention of
unintentional injury in childhood: A systematic review. Health Education
Research 17 (2) 221-237.
- Dulmus, C. N. & Wodarski, J. S. (1997). Prevention of childhood mental
disorders: A literature review reflecting hope and a vision for the future.
Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal, 14 (3), 181-
- Dunkel, J., Ageson, A.-T. & Ralph,C. J Encountering violence in field
work: A risk reduction model. Journal of Teaching in Social Work,
20 (3/4) 5-18.
- Early, T. J. & Poertner, J. (1993). Families with children with emotional
disorders: A review of the literature. Social Work, 38(6), 743-751.
- Engs, R.
C. & Hanson, D. J. (1990). Gender differences in drinking patterns
and problems among college students: A review of the literature. Journal
of Alcohol and Drug Education, 35(2), 36-47.
- Ertl, M. A. & McNamara, J. R. (1997). Treatment of juvenile sex offenders:
A review of the literature. Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal,14
- Evans, L. K., & Strumpf, N.E.(1989). Tying down the elderly: A review
of the literature on physical restraint. Journal of the American Geriatrics
Society, 37(1), 65-72.
- Farley, M & Kelly, V. (2000). Prostitution: A Critical Review of the
Medical and Social Sciences Literature. Women and Criminal Justice,
11 (4) 29-
- Fitzgerald, B. (1999). Children of lesbian and gay parents: A review of
the literature. Marriage & Family Review, 29 (1), 57 -
- Fong, R.& Mokuau, N. (1994). Not simply "Asian Americans": Periodical
literature review on Asians and pacific islanders. Social Work. 39(3),
- Frasciello, L. M. & Willard, S. G. (1995). Anorexia nervosa in males:
A case report and review of the literature. Clinical Social Work Journal,
- Frederick, B. P. & Olmi, D. J.(1994). Children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity
disorder: A review of the literature on social skills deficits. Psychology
in the Schools, 31(4), 288-294.
- Garton, L. & Wellman, B. (1995). Social impacts of electronic mail
in organizations: A review of the research literature. Communication
Yearbook, 18, 434-453.
- Glasrud, B. A.(1999). Western black soldiers since the buffalo soldiers:
A review of the literature. The Social Science Journal, 36
- Glodich, A. M. (1998). Traumatic exposure to violence: A comprehensive
review of the child and adolescent literature. Smith College Studies
in Social Work, 68 (3): 321-
- Gooch. P. & Living, R. (2004). The Therapeutic Use of Videogames within
Secure Forensic Settings: a Review of the Literature and Application to
Practice. The British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 67 (8) 332-341.
- Greene A.D.; Latting J.K., (2004). Whistle-Blowing as a Form of Advocacy:
Guidelines for the Practitioner and Organization. Social Work, 49
- Gregoire, T. K., Propp, J. & Poertner, J. (1998). The supervisor's
role in the transfer of training. Administration in Social Work, 22
- Grayston, A. D. & De Luca, R. V. (1999). Female perpetrators
of child sexual abuse: A review of the clinical and empirical. Aggression
and Violent Behavior, 4 (1), 93 -
- Griffiths, M. Violent Video Games and Aggression: A Review of the Literature.
and Violent Behavior, 4 (2), 203 -
- Grubb, H. J. (1989). The bi-polar prepubescent adolescent: A literature
review and clinical case study of an eleven-year-old black female. The
Journal of Black Psychology, 15(2), 129-147.
- Gruber, J. E. (1989). How women handle sexual harassment: A literature
review. Sociology and Social Research, 74(1), 3-16.
- Guest, T. Using the eating disorder examination in the assessment of bulimia
and anorexia: Issues of reliability and validity. Social Work
in Health Care,31 (4) 71-84.
- Hart, S. (1996). The cultural dimension of social movements: A theoretical
reassessment and literature review. Sociology of Religion, 57 (1),
- Current Status and Future Directions in Family Caregiving and Aging People
with Intellectual Disabilities
William E. Haley; Elizabeth A. Perkins
Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities, March
2004, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 24-30(7)
- Hensing, G., Alexanderson, K. & Bjurulf, P. (1998). How to measure
sickness absence? Literature review and suggestion of five basic measures.
Journal of Social Medicine, 26 (2): 133-
- Herndon M.K.; Moore III J.L. (2002). African American Factors for Student
Success: Implications for Families and Counselors. The Family Journal:
Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families, 10 (3) 322-327.
- Honeywell-Johnson, J. A. & Dickinson, A. M. (1999). Small group
incentives: A review of the literature. Journal of Organizational Behavior
Management, 19 (2): 89-
- Horder, W. (2004). Reading and Not Reading in Professional Practice.
Social Work, 3 (3) 297-311.
- Horgan, O. & MacLachlan, M. (2004). Psychosocial adjustment to
lower-limb amputation: A review. Disability and Rehabilitation, 26,
- Horsman, J. M., Sheeran, P. (1995). Health care workers and HIV/AIDS: A
critical review of the literature. Social Science & Medicine,
- Jackson, S. M. (1999). Issues in the dating violence research: A review
of the literature. Aggression and Violent Behavior, 4 (2), 233 -
- Jones, L. (1993). Decision making in child welfare: A critical review of
the literature. Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal. 10 (3),
- Wensing, M., Jung, H. P. & Grol, R. (1998). A systematic review of
the literature on patient priorities for general practice care. Part 1:
description of the research domain. Social Science & Medicine, 47 (10):
- Home Health Care Utilization: A Review of the Research for Social Work
- Health and Social Work, 1 August 2004, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 219-244(26)
- Kama, A. (2000). From Terra Incognita to Terra Firma: The logbook of the
voyage of the gay men's community into the Israeli public sphere. Journal
of Homosexuality,38 (4), 133 -
- Kerr C.; Hawker S.; Hardey M.; Powell J.; Payne S. (2002). The communication
of information about older people between health and social care practitioners.
Age and Ageing 31 (2) 107-117.
- Kim, C. R.& Rickman, L. S. (1988). Psychological aspects of the acquired
immunodeficiency syndrome: A case report and review of the literature.
Medicine, 153(12), 638-640.
- Koch, P. B. (1988). Diabetes and female sexuality: A review of the literature.
Health Care for Women International, 9(4), 251-258.
- Kot, LeeA., & Shoemaker, H. M. (1999). Children of divorce: An investigation
of the developmental effects from infancy through adulthood.
Journal of Divorce & Remarriage, 31 (1/2),161-
- Kovacs, P. J. & Black, B. (1999). Volunteerism and older adults: Implications
for social work practice. Journal of Gerontological Social Work,
32 (4), 25 -
- Kronick, R. F., Morton, J. & Peterson, L. (1989). Dealing with dropouts:
A review of the literature and preliminary findings. Education,110(1),
- Laflamme, I. & Diderichsen, F. (2000). Social differences in traffic
injury risks in childhood and youth-a literature review and a research
agenda. Injury Prevention, 6 (4) 293-298.
- Lester, D. & Smith, B. (1989). Applicability of Kubler-Ross's stages
of dying to the suicidal individual: A review of the literature, Psychological
Reports. 64(2), 609-610.
- Lovejoy, P. E. (1989). The impact of the Atlantic slave trade on Africa:
A review of the literature. Journal of African History, 30(3), 365-379.
- Lovell-Troy, L. A. (1989). Teaching techniques for instructional goals:
A partial review of the literature. Teaching Sociology, 17(1), 28-37.
- *Low, J. T. S., Payne, S., & Roderick, P. (1999). The impact
of stroke on informal carers: a literature review. Social Science
& Medicine, 49 (6), 711 -
- Lowe, J. I., Barg, F. K. & Bernstein, M. W. (1994). Educating African-Americans
about cancer prevention and detection: A review of literature. Social
Work In Health Care. 21(4),17-36.
- Lyons, P. & Wodarski, J. S. (1996). Risk assessment for child protective
services: A review of the empirical literature on instrument performance. Social
Work Research, 20 (3), 143-156.
- Manktelow, R. (2002). The Influence of Social Factors on Psychiatric Hospitalisation
in Northern Ireland: A Review of the Literature; An Analysis of Official
Statistics and the Implications for Social Workers. Irish Journal of
Social Work Research, 2 (2) 57-72
- Markstrom-Adams, C. (1989). Androgyny and its relation to adolescent psychological
well-being: A review of the literature. Sex Roles, 21(5/6),
- Marson, S. M. & Della Fave, R. L. (1994). A Marxian review of gerontological
literature. Journal of Sociology and Social Welfare. 21(2), 109-126.
- Martin, D. (1988). A review of the popular literature on co-dependency.
Drug Problems, 15(3), 383-398.
- McChesney, Kay Y. (1995). A review of the empirical literature on contemporary
urban homeless families. Social Service Review, 69(3), 429-460.
- McMillen, J. C. (1999). Better for it: How people benefit from adversity.
Social Work, 44 (5): 455-467.
- McWhirter, B. (1990). Loneliness: A review of current literature with implications
for counseling. Journal of Counseling and Development, 68, 417-422.
- Mendes, P. (2005). The history of social work in Australia: A
critical literature review. Australian Social Work, 58
- Miller, K. A. (1989). Enhancing early childhood mainstreaming through cooperative
learning: A brief literature review. Child Study Journal, 19(4)
- Millner, L. & Widerman, E. (1993). Women's health issues: A review
of the current literature in the social work journals, 1985-1992. Social
Work In Health Care, 19(3/4), 145-453.
- Mistiaen, P., Duijnhouwer, E., & Ettema, T. (1999). The construction
of a research model on post-discharge problems based on a review of the
literature 1990-1995. Social Work in Health Care, 29 (4), 33 -
- Moradi B., Subich L.M. & Phillips J.C., (2002). Revisiting Feminist
Identity Development Theory, Research, and Practice. The Counseling
Psychologist, 30 (1) 6-43.
- Mosher, C. M. (2001). Research: The social implications of sexual identity
formation and the coming-out process: A review of the theoretical and empirical
literature. Family Journal, 9 (2) 164-173
- Moskowitz, J.M. (1989). The prevention of alcohol problems: A critical
review of the research literature. Journal of Studies on Alcohol,
- *Murphy, J., & Delucchi, M. A. (1998). A review of the literature on
the social cost of motor-vehicle use. Journal of Transportation and
Statistics, 1 (1), 15-(free at web site).
- NcWhirter, B. T. (1990). Loneliness: A review of current literature, with
implications for counseling and research. Journal of Counseling and
Development, 68(4), 417-422.
- Nelson, J. R., Roberts, Maura L., & Rutherford Jr., R. B. (1999).
Has public policy exceeded our knowledge base? A review of the functional
behavioral assessment literature. Behavioral Disorders, 24 (2)169
- Newhill, C. E & Sites, E. W. (2000). Identifying Human Remains Following
an Air Disaster: The Role of Social Work. Social Work in Health Care,
31 (4), 85-106.
- Ohmer, M. L. & Korr, W. (2006). The effectiveness of community practice
intervention: A review of the literature. Research on Social Work Practice 16
- O'Lear, S. (1997). Migration and the environment: A review of recent literature.
Social Science Quarterly 78 (2), 606-623.
- *Ong, L.M.L., De Haes, J.C.J.M. & Lammes, F.B. (1995). Doctor-patient
communication: A review of the literature. Social Science & Medicine,
40 (7), 903-
- Orr, S. T. (2004). Social Support and Pregnancy Outcome: A Review of
the Literature Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, 47
- PelegOren, N. & Teichman,
M. (2006). Young Children of Parents with Substance Use Disorders (SUD): A
Review of the Literature and Implications for Social Work Practice. Journal
of Social Work Practice in the Addictions, 6(1/2), 49-62.
D. J. (1996). What do we know about beneficial consequences of moderate
alcohol consumption on social and physical well-being? A critical review
of the recent literature. Contemporary Drug Problems, 23
- Platzer, H. (1989). Post-operative confusion in the elderly--a literature
review. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 26(4), 369-379.
- Rai, V. K. & Plichta, S. B. (1998). The Role of Social Support in Breastfeeding
Promotion: A Literature Review. Journal of Human Lactation, 14 (1):
- Raj A.; Silverman J., (2002). Violence Against Immigrant Women: The Roles
of Culture, Context, and Legal Immigrant Status on Intimate Partner Violence. Violence
Against Women, 8 (3) 367-398.
- Ramakrishnan, U., Manjrekar, R. & Martorell, R. (1999). Micronutrients
and pregnancy outcome: A review of the literature. Nutrition Research,
19 (1), 103 -
- Rayner, C. & Hoel, H. (1997). A summary review of literature relating
to workplace bullying. Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology,7
- Reid W.J.; Kenaley B.D.; Colvin J. (2004). Do some interventions work better
than others? A review of comparative social work experiments. Social
Work Research, 28 (2) 71-81.
- Rizzo, VM. & Rowe, JM.
(2006). Studies of the Cost Effectiveness of Social Work Services in Aging: A
Review of the Literature. Research on Social Work Practice, 16(1), 67-73
- Rosenbaum, D. P. (1988). Community Crime Prevention: A review and synthesis
of the literature. Justice Quarterly, 5(3), 323-396.
- Ross L.; Boesen E.H.; Dalton S.O.; Johansen C. (2002). Mind and cancer
- does psychosocial intervention improve survival and psychological well-being?
Journal of Cancer, 38 (11) 1447-1457.
- *Rudo, Z. H. Powell, D. S. & Dunlap, G. ( 1998). The effects of violence
in the home on children's emotional, behavioral, and social functioning:
A review of the literature. Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders,
6 (2), 94-
- Rudolph, J. (1988). Counselors' attitudes toward homosexuality: A selective
review of the literature. Journal of Counseling and Development, 67(3),
- Russell, M. (1988). Wife assault theory, research and treatment: A literature
review. Journal of Family Violence, 3(3), 193-208.
- Schamess, G. (1990). Toward an understanding of the etiology and treatment
of psychological dysfunction among single teenage mothers: Part I-- A review
of the literature. Smith College Studies In Social Work, 60(2),
- Schneider, L.E.(1991). Attachment theory and research: A review of the
literature. Clinical Social Work Journal, 19(3), 251-264.
- *Schofield, J. W. (1997). Psychology: Computers and classroom social processes
- a review of the literature. Social Science Computer Review, 15
- Shiffman, M.L., Seale, T.W. & Flux, M. (1989). Breast-milk composition
in women with cystic fibrosis: A review of literature. The American
Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 49(4), 612-617.
- Shooper, S. S. (1991). Caregivers of Alzheimer's disease patients: A review
of the literature. Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 18(1/2),
- Sidell, N. L. (1997). Adult adjustment to chronic illness: A review of
the literature. Health and Social Work, 22 (1), 5-
- Smerglia, V. L., Miller, N. B., & Kort-Butler, L. (1999). The impact
of social support on women's adjustment to divorce: A literature review
and analysis. Journal of Divorce & Remarriage, 32 (1/2), 63
- Snyder, CS., May,
JD., Zulcic, NN. & Gabbard, WJ. (2005). Social Work with Bosnian Muslim Refugee
Children and Families: A Review of the Literature. Child Welfare, 84(5),
- Stokes, I. (1996). Black practice teachers: A review of some literature
and its meaning for social work education and practice. Social Work
Education, 15 (2), 5-20.
- Stuck, A. E., Walthert, J. M. & Beck, J. C. (1999). Risk factors
for functional status decline in community-living elderly people: a systematic
literature review. Social Science and Medicine, 48 (4): 445.
Soderberg, E. & Alexanderson, K. (2005). Gatekeepers in sickness insurance: A
systematic review of the literature on practices of social insurance officers. Health
and Social Care in the Community, 13(3), 211-223.
- Sun, A. (2004). Principles for Practice with Substance-Abusing
Pregnant Women: A Framework Based on the Five Social Work Intervention
Social Work, 49 (3) 383-394.
- *Swan, J. E., Bowers, M.R.& Richardson, L. D.(1999). Customer trust
in the salesperson: An integrative review and meta-analysis of the empirical
literature. Journal of Business Research, 44 (2), 93
- Swanson, B., Cronin-Stubbs, D. & Sheldon, J. A. (1989). The impact
of psychosocial factors on adapting to physical disability: A review of
the research literature. Rehabilitation Nursing. 14(2), 64-68.
- Swaner, LE. (2005).
Educating for Personal and Social Responsibility: A Review of the Literature.
Liberal Education, 91(3), 14-21.
- Sweeney, G. & Nichols, K. (1996). Stress experiences of occupational
therapists in mental health practice arenas: A review of the literature.
International Journal of Social Psychiatry, 42 (2) 132-
- Takhva, M. (1988). Play and theories of play: A review of the literature.
Early Child Development and Care, 39, 221-230.
- Thompson N.J.; Sleet D.; Sacks J.J., (2002). Increasing the use of bicycle
helmets: Lessons from behavioral science. Patient Education and Counseling
46 (3) 191-197.
- Toro-Alfonso, J. (1999. Domestic Violence Among Same Sex Partners in Puerto.
of Gay and Lesbian Social Services, 9 (1): 69-
- Vogel, S. A. (1990). Gender differences in intelligence, language, visual-motor
abilities, and academic achievement in students with learning disabilities:
A review of the literature. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 23(1),
- Wandersman, A., Valois, R. & Goodman, R. M. (1996). Toward a social
ecology of community coalitions. American Journal of Health Promotion,
10 (4), 299-307.
- Watter, D. N. (1988). Rational-emotive education: A review of the literature.
of Rational-Emotive and Cognitive-Behavior, 6(3), 139-145.
- Weaver, D. A. (1994). The work and retirement decisions of older women:
A literature review. Social Security Bulletin. 57(1), 3-24.
- Weston J. (2002). Supported Employment and People with Complex Needs: A
Review of Research Literature and Ongoing Research. Journal of Social
Work, 2 (1) 83-104.
- Weinberg, TS. (2006).
Sadomasochism and the Social Sciences: A Review of the Sociological and Social
Psychological Literature. Journal of Homosexuality, 50(2/3), 17-40.
- Whitley, R.
& McKenzie, K. (2005). Social Capital and Psychiatry: Review of the Literature.
Harvard Review of Psychiatry, 13(2), 71-84.
- Wilson, J. (2004).
Beyond psychiatry: How social workers conceptualise women and self-starvation.
Australian Social Work, 57(2), 150-160.
- Worthington R.L.; Savoy H.B.; Dillon F.R.; Vernaglia E.R. (2002). Heterosexual
Identity Development: A Multidimensional Model of Individual and Social
Identity. The Counseling Psychologist, 30 (4) 496-531.
- Zapf, D. (2002). Emotion work and psychological well-being - A review of
the literature and some conceptual considerations. Human Resource Management
Review, 12 (2) 237-268.