Skip to Quicklinks
Skip to Quicklinks
Contact Information

Human Resources
PO Box 1510
Pembroke, NC 28372

Phone: 910.521.6279

Location: Lumbee Hall, Room 347
Campus Map


civil leave

Any employee with a permanent, probationary, trainee or time-limited permanent appointment called to serve on jury duty or when subpoenaed as a witness is entitled leave with pay. This will not be charged against your leave account. Also, the employee is entitled to any juror's pay plus regular State salary for the period. It is the responsibility of the employee to inform the supervisor when the duty is scheduled and the expected duration. Employees must file a copy of the court summons with Human Resources (attached to the Leave Request form).

If you attend court as part of your job, no leave is required, but any court fees you receive in this case must be turned in to the University Cashier. The time is to be considered as working time and included in the total hours worked per week.

If you are subpoenaed or directed by proper authority to appear as a witness, you will be granted civil leave with pay. Any fees received will be turned in to the University Cashier. You may elect to use annual leave rather than civil leave with pay in which case you may retain any fees received

Updated: Thursday, December 13, 2007

Return to Leave

Related Links
  • Coming soon!

© The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
PO Box 1510 Pembroke, NC 28372-1510 • 910.521.6000