creating a Pin
A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a password, which guarantees the privacy of your library record. It is required for various library functions, such as renewing items, placing holds, and connecting to licensed databases (electronic resources) from off campus. A PIN may consist of letters, numbers, or a combination of both and must be between 4 and 38 characters and should be something that is complex but also easy for you to remember.
Creating a PIN is fast and easy:
- Go to the Library’s home page at www.uncp.edu/library/
- Click Your Library Record
- When the new window opens, click View Your Library Record
- You will next see a login window with three boxes. Put your first or last name (not both) in the first box. Enter your University ID (your Banner number) in the second box, and leave the third box empty. Click the Submit button. Two additional boxes will appear. Reenter your name in the first box and your Banner ID in the second box. Enter your desired PIN in the third box and repeat it in the fourth box.
- Click the Submit button. You will see your personal information screen. Please verify your mailing address, etc. If you see any errors, please contact the Circulation Desk at 910.521.6516. You can also modify your PIN or renew checked-out items. Click the Logout button.
- All library-related login screens (with the exception of Document Delivery) contain three login boxes. Put your first or last name (not both) in the first box. Enter your University ID (your Banner number) in the second box, and enter your PIN in the third box and click the Submit button.
Outreach / Distance Education Librarian
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Return to Distance Education