April 18, 2007
It is with sincere sadness that I extend my deepest sympathies with those
affected by the tragedy that occurred on Virginia Tech's campus this week.
Our thoughts are with the Virginia Tech campus family and community as they
continue to grieve and begin the healing process. These tragic events call
on us to comfort and support one another, and I ask that faculty and staff
assist our students who may need help from the Counseling Center. I also ask
that our student body continue to exercise safety by observing the
1. Keep residence hall rooms locked at all times.
2. Residence hall visitors must be accompanied by a resident. Please never
let anyone "tailgate" into a building with you.
3. Immediately report all suspicious behavior to Campus Police at x6235.
4. Remember that firearms and weapons are strictly prohibited on campus. If
seen, students, faculty, and staff are asked to report it to Campus Police
5. Always remember that if you feel uncomfortable walking along at night,
you may contact Campus Police for an escort.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind our campus community
about UNCP's established crises plans found at
It is extremely important for all of us to be supportive of one another as
we deal the events of Monday. Thank you for caring. ACM
Allen C. Meadors, Ph.D., FACHE