Sexual assault reported at Courtyard Apartments
by Ashley Cole
July 1, 2012
A female UNCP student reported to Campus Police a sexual assault in the early morning hours of June 5 at Building 2 at the University's Courtyard Apartments.
Photo by Ashley Cole
A female UNCP student reported to Campus Police a sexual assault at 1:02 a.m. on June 5.
The assault occurred at Building 2 in the University's Courtyard Apartments.
The assault occurred after a party.
The victim was able to give a detailed description of her assailant, according to Det. Ed Locklear.
Det. Locklear offers these safety tips for students:
Campus Police asks that anyone with information regarding this investigation call 910.521.6235
- When attending a party or event, know who you're leaving with.
- Leave with the person you came with and not someone you met at the party.
- Create boundaries and don't let anyone cross those boundaries.
- Don't let anybody in your room.
- Say goodbye in the car or at the door.