- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Instruction on buying a business or franchise, licenses, permits, taxes, insurance, selling your business, and much more.
- North Carolina Rural Economic Development Center, Inc.
- County business data, entrepreneurial incubator information, and additional information to assist entrepreneurs in North Carolina.
- Small Business Center Network
- 58 Small Business Centers throughout North Carolina offer training, counseling, and resource information to new and existing business owners.
- Various business planning tools, internet marketing workshops, cash flow and sales templates, and much more.
- North Carolina Small Business and Technology Development Center
- The SBTDC provides management counseling and education, business research, and more to small business owners across the state of North Carolina.
- Central Piedmont Community College: Center for Entrepreneurship
- Central Piedmont Community College (already linked)
- Information on grants, business plans, regional resources, women in business, market demographics, credit reporting agencies, legal requirements, and much more.
- Business Resources Directory (PDF - requires Adobe Reader)
- Looking for technical assistance or capital for your business? This guide provides detailed information on business resources available in North Carolina.
- Navigating Business Services in North Carolina (PDF - requires Adobe Reader)
- Do you know what you need, but don’t know where to go for help? This directory assists small business owners in finding the services that fit their needs.
- Federal Financial Assistance
- North Carolina State Financial Assistance
- Business Plan Template (Word - requries Microsoft Word)
- This business plan template provides valuable guidance to individuals looking to start a new business.
- Why Business Plans Don't Get Funded (PDF - requires Adobe Reader)
- Your business plan is the first impression on potential investors. Be sure to avoid these simple mistakes.
- Natural Capital Investment Fund (PPT - requires Microsoft PowerPoint)
- The NCIF makes subordinated debt and equity investments in environmental and natural resource-based small businesses. Its focus is on products, services and technologies in:
- Value-added and sustainable agriculture
- Sustainable forestry and forest products
- Recycling and water conservation
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Eco-and heritage tourism
- Natural medicine
- Rural Venture Fund (Word - requries Microsoft Word)
- The Rural Venture Fund offers a variety of investments, from equity to subordinated debt, specifically designed for qualified businesses in economically distressed counties of North Carolina.
- Inception Micro Angel Fund (PPT - requires Microsoft PowerPoint)
- A state wide program to increase access to capital and provide education for investors and entrepreneurs.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010